Social workers are your personal counselors and advisers when your loved one needs home health care. Social workers do not spend a lot of time with patients in direct communication, but they organize all the aspects of home health care and coordinate complicated cases that require a variety of services, so patients can receive necessary medical assessment and help right in the familiar and convenient environment of their homes. Patients’ family members can identify available community resources through their social worker and receive financial and emotional support when most needed.
Medical social workers help patients with:
- Counseling for long-range planning and decision making
- Connecting patients and families to necessary community resources
- Identify eligibility for services and benefits
- Financial resource information
- Identifying community resources you may qualify for.
- Nursing home placement
- Alternate living arrangements
Medical social workers of Dynamic Home Health Care are experienced counselors that come to your home to help identify and assist with social and emotional issues that arise as a result of a patients illness.